Grekwood Miniatures

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Video of the 28mm scale Hospital Building

I have pretty much completed the Basic Hospital and I am pretty happy with the way it's turned out. I was a little bored after I stopped for the day, so I decided to make a video with some interesting music from Mass Effect (first one).
 
 
 
The filming is jumpy, and not "flowy", but it's not meant to be taken seriously, it's just a bit of fun!
 
 
I still have a couple of things to add to the hospital, minor things such as sky lights and roof stuff but by the time I write a new blog it will be complete (that's the plan). I made a mini entrance for this version but I will eventually make a larger entrance/concourse area for bigger versions of the hospital.
 
Ok, so that's all for now. I didn't plan to write a blog today but I couldn't resist posting my ever so awesome (ha!) video hehe
 
On a sad note I have to take my wife to hospital tonight. She needs to have a liver biopsy and will be away for the night (possibly longer...but hopefully not!). Hopefully it's nothing serious and they can sort out why the levels in her liver have been abnormally high the past 2 months. She hasn't been well for the past two month, so I'm hoping this will finally sort things out.
 
So anyway, enjoy the video, and I'll write a new blog in a few days :)
 
Cheers...
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Best of wishes to your wife and a speedy recovery as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. She came home this evening, so hopefully it'll be something which can be cured easily :)

      Delete
  2. Great little teaser video, and all the best to your wife's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, it's dodgy, but not bad! hehe

      Thanks, she's back home now, so hopefully she'll get plenty of rest in her own bed :)

      Delete
  3. Hope the news from hospital is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I do too, she's home now, so it's just waiting on news of the biopsy!

      Delete
  4. Wicked video bit like the intro to a horror movie at the opening credits.

    Best of luck to Mrs. Rovanite and may she have a speedy recovery from the op. Thinking of you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! That's kind of what I was going for. I might actually do a proper video if I can when I put together the bigger hospital. Cheers, Kate's doing ok, she's back home now, so plenty of rest until the results pop back!

      Delete
  5. My thoughts are with you, Carl, and I wish your wife all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. She's back home now, so hopefully she'll recover quickly.

      Delete
  6. Damn fine hospital there. Is the roof one piece?

    Glad to read that Mrs Rovanite is home safe and sound, and hope the results are good! Fingers crossed for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! The roof in that video is made up of 5 pieces. The wards have their own roof, and the hallway has 3 sections, so each section has it's on roof. It is possible though to make it all out of one large piece if you preferred. Same for the Hallway. The only issue is the print outs are made for A4 paper as it's rare people have printers bigger than that. I could (in the documentation) provide measurements and a quick tutorial if people wanted to make it as one large piece.

      Also..remember, this is small compared to the "full" hospital I'm working towards. The full hospital I am making will have 10 wards... it's going to be huge. 5 wards per floor (2 floors high (ground and 1st floor)). Hopefully photos of that will be up in the next couple of weeks :) I might write a blog explaining all the different "expansion packs" i have planned...might be useful!

      Delete
  7. Very cool Video, hoping the best for Mrs Rovanite (lots of blessings her way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! She's at home now, recovering, so hopefully the results will be ok :) Cheers for the thoughts :)

      Delete
  8. The video is a great idea and it really worked. I went through your store and really like the Critter collection you've got, neat figures and they'd go well with what I'm into.

    I sincerely hope the your wife's biopsy comes back clean and that she is well over the long term.

    Thank you,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, Cheers for the follow and the comment :) I hope to expand the critters range in the future (as I do with all the current ranges).

      Thank you, I hope the results will come back clean too. :)

      Delete